Order your repeat prescriptions
Patients on long term medication can order repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- In person – drop your computer generated repeat slip in to reception with the required items clearly marked.
- By post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- Online – follow the link at the top of this page to register for our online service. To register for this services please complete our online services registration form
Telephone requests for repeat prescriptions will not be accepted unless they are from housebound patients.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public – Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
For more information about prescription charges please visit: www.nhs.uk