Welcome to Dickenson Road Medical Centre
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Booking an Appointment
- You can book a routine appointment by ringing in at any time or on line. Please ask Reception to print you your unique password.
- On the day appointments are to be booked at 8am by ringing the surgery or on line from midnight onwards
- You can walk in at 8.30am and get a walk in appointment for the normal surgeries. Please note there are only a couple per GP. So first come first basis.
- You can book a telephone consultation at 9.30am. Clinicians will call you during the course of the day as soon as possible.
- Home visits are to be booked in the morning if possible.
Feel Better fast
If you suffer from any of the following you can be given a form for the Pharmacist in order to get some medication (which can be free if you do not pay prescription charges)
* Sore throat
* Nasal Congestion
* Cold/Flu symptoms
* Back Pain
* Athlete's Foot
* Vaginal Thrush
* Teething/mouth ulcers
* Stomach Upset
* Contact Dermatitis
* Flaky scalp (not dandruff)
* Thread worm
If symptoms persist for over a week please book an appointment.
We endeavour to provide a very responsive service and hope to meet the needs of all patients. If you are not going to attend please inform the surgery so that someone else can be given that appointment. If patients do not attend for more than 3 times without informing the surgery, they may be removed from our list.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
Wheelchair access is available at the front and rear of the surgery.
(Site updated 05/04/2017)